Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bye Bye Big House Envy - More Press For The Jewel Box Home

If we only wanted to be happy it would be easy; but we want to be happier than other people, which is almost always difficult, since we think them happier than they are.
- Charles-Louis de Secondat, 17th/18th century political philosopher

I always imagined people with big houses were happier than people who lived in smaller homes. A larger house was a symbol of success and status. It was tangible evidence that you had arrived! When my husband refused to 'move-up' I had to readjust my thinking and after shedding many tears, give up my dream of becoming a lifestyle diva with an Architectural Digest home. For a long time I moped around feeling sorry for myself; all the while hoping my husband would change his mind. But to my surprise, after letting go of conventional thinking that bigger is better, I found myself loving the ease and comfort of small home living. Call me crazy, but I'm much happier now that I've stopped trying to figure out how to afford a bigger house and keep up with the Joneses!

To see a video of The Jewel Box Home along with tips for creating your own Jewel Box Home go to the northshoreinsider.com.

Cheers,
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment