Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jealousy

I have a jealous streak.  What am I jealous of?


Friends who have lovely porches, especially when those porches have white rocking chairs, red geraniums and a view. 

Girlfriends with 'spa' bathrooms.  Just look at that chandelier!


Friends with guest bedrooms.  Especially if they sleep two...



or more.


Friends with kitchens that can fit dining tables and a comfy lounge chair.  (Believe me, there are many of these in my neighborhood.)

Girlfriends with their own study.  And this one comes with its own reading chair and fireplace!  (Again, common in master suites on Chicago's North Shore.)


And landscaped gardens...



with outdoor rooms for a large group of friends turn me green with envy.



But this week my jealousy had nothing to do with big house envy and fabulous living spaces.  Instead, I learned a neighbor's husband just landed a job after more than a year of searching.  I am thrilled for her and her family, but I could not stop envy from oozing out of every pore in my body.  I am so green at this point I doubt I will ever look my normal shade of pale with freckles again!

Genevieve


1 comment:

  1. I don't think you're human if you don't get green with envy sometimes sweet friend. We ALL do. Besides, the fact that you can be happy for your friend, makes you a special person. A lot of people can't see past their own envy to be happy for others.

    I'm still praying for you that he finds a job :)

    (((hugs)))
    rue

    ReplyDelete