Monday, April 12, 2010

Need a Quick Appetizer? Say Cheese!

Last Saturday I went to lovely small dinner party thrown by one of my favorite friends.  What was my contribution to this soiree?  My quick and easy cheese plate. 





Here is how I do it.

Ingredients:
  • 3 different types of cheeses; I like to use a soft cheese like a Brie, a hard aged cheese like a Parmesean or Asiago and a good extra-sharp cheddar
  • A small baguette sliced in rounds
  • Your choice of crackers; I like to use 'Petits Toasts'
  • Several bunches of grapes, green and/or red, and strawberries for garnish
  • A large platter or flat basket
The How-To:





Line your basket or platter with foil.  This makes clean-up so much easier!  Just wrap left-overs in the foil and leave with your hostess or bring extras home.


Slice your cheeses. ( Curlers are optional.  My hair doesn't get gorgeous on it's own. )


Wash your fruit.  I like to use a strainer then pat dry.


Arrange the cheeses.  Place one cheese in the center of the tray overlapping the slices and the two remaining cheeses, also overlapping the slices, on either side.  Here I have placed the brie in the center flanked by the cheddar and asiago.


Arrange the sliced bread and crackers on either side of the cheeses. 



Add the grapes and strawberries for color and to cover all tinfoil.  Obviously, I missed a spot of tinfoil in the lower right-hand corner of the tray.  Sloppy, sloppy!

And here I am with dear friend and hostess for the evening.


She has the most beautiful little Jewel Box® home and I promise to post photographs soon.

Until next time!

Genevieve

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the idea, you make it looks so easy....I'll have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete