Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Quick Thanksgiving Appetizer

Tomorrow morning I'm driving to Iowa and spending Thanksgiving with my sister and her family.  She is doing all the cooking and all I have to do is show up.  How great is that!

Before I leave, here is a great quick appetizer I tried tonight after hearing about it on NPR. It only takes a few minutes and is really good. 

Baked Brie with Honey and Thyme

Cut the top off a round of brie.  Any generic store brand will work.


Place the brie in a microwaveable serving container and drizzle the top with 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey.
Chop one tablespoon of fresh thyme and sprinkle on top of the honey.  Dried thyme also will work.
Microwave the brie on high until warm.  I found that 30 to 50 seconds in the microwave on worked well.  Baking in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes should yield similar results.


Serve with crackers or crusty baguette slices.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Genevieve

3 comments:

  1. Have fun in Iowa! Let Kelley pamper you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you to be able to visit your family in Iowa for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the recipe - looks nummy!

    Loved the home staging - I know who to call for help when that day comes:)

    Great seeing you back writing.

    Hugs - june

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best website where we find good recipes and lots of information....I also recommend to my others friends to have a look at your websites.
    Thanksgiving Dinner 2014

    ReplyDelete