Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Jewel Box® Home in October Issue of Make it Better! And Show Your Art!




Jewel Box® Home is in Make it Better the October 2014 issue!!!


I am thrilled to donate 5% of all Jewel Box® sales for the rest of 2014 to Connections for the Homeless®, a group that is close to my heart, because of the unemployment challenges my family faced during the recession.

Now is the time to buy your Jewel Box® copy! Or your second copy with a new cover at a lower price! Click on the caption below for the new Jewel Box® cover and lower pricing.  With every purchase you are helping Connections for the Homeless®

Buy Jewel Box® Home with New Cover and Lower Pricing 5% of all Sales Donated to Connections For the Homeless
Show Your Art!

And now I want to encourage all of you to show your art!  Do not wait until you have the perfect frame with museum quality glass, picture hanger or level to make everything straight.  Just 'eyeball' it like I do and get that art up on the wall!  Or put it somewhere in the room where people can enjoy it. 

Here are two pieces of artwork leaning against the wall on top of a bench that was made by my sons' grandfather.  This is the basement where the boys to study when they are home from college and medical school.
A closer look at the art leaning on the bench.  I can hear some of you saying, neither piece is framed!  That is SO wrong!  No, it is your art and you get to do what you want with it. 

Close up of sketch with brain coral acting as a paperweight to keep art in place.  The brain coral is from the boys grandparents.
Have you ever thought of hanging art on the electrical board?  I did just that with a Command® plastic hook.  The grey electric box frames the art nicely.  And yes, that is a castle in the foreground.  It was made by my sons' grandfather.  I am hoping that someday, if I have grandchildren, they will also enjoy the castle.




Close up of art hanging on the electrical panel.
Here is all the art shown as a group on the basement counter top.

My Love/Hate Relationship with Blogging

I do like to blog, but I don't post very often.  Why is that?  It always takes longer to get a post created and uploaded than I think it will.  Also, my day job makes it difficult to respond to comments quickly and I don't like to be rude and not get back to you all who have so nicely taken the time to write a note or leave a thought on Jewel Box®.  Still, the biggest problem I have with blogging is 'the intimidation' factor.  There are so many excellent blogs out there!  I am completely 'freaked-out' by the beautiful layouts of the top blogs, the clever and creative posts and the blog owner's response to comments within minutes of receipt!  
 
So that is what I hate about blogging.  What I love is hearing from all of you and the amazing online friendships I have developed.  Whenever I hear from you, my belief in the 'goodness' of people is confirmed.  I also get so much joy when I hear from from Laney, or get a fun comment from Phyllis.  Please know that although I may not respond to all the comments, I read and appreciate each one.  And if you really want to get in touch with me, send me an email at genevieveferraro@comcast.net.

Until next time,

Genevieve
  

1 comment: