Thursday, May 6, 2010

Organizing with Style


Photo Courtesy of Country Living

I love it when a room is both organized and stylish!  A house can be the most perfect looking house from outside, but decorating means nothing when you can't find your car keys or the kids' backpack.  


Photo Courtesy of Country Living


If I use an item daily, I normally leave it out or keep it somewhere within easy reach.  However, just because an item is a necessity doesn't mean it can't be cute and stylish!
 

Photo Courtesy of Country Living

My favorite thing to view in all my home magazines and idea circulars is to see everyday items made functional and lovely.  Look how these keys became a focal point with just a little creative organization.  Love that!

 
Photo Courtesy of Country Living

If something is interesting or pleasing to the eye, who says we can't leave it out on display?  I love the green color of this Kitchen Aid mixer.  Why not leave it out every day?


Photo Courtesy of Country Living

Those of us living in small spaces know firsthand how important storage, organization and functionality are.  When considering organization versus style, try weeding out those items that are not necessarily used more than twice a week.  These items don't need to be left on display unless you love the way it looks.  

 
Photo Courtesy of Country Living

I love everyday objects made beautiful.  I'm a sucker for beautiful soap arrangements, luxurious towels artfully folded and toiletries left on display. 


Photo Courtesy of Country Living

Confucius says  "Everything has beauty.

1 comment:

  1. I have to let you all know that just like in the second photo, my 'espresso maker' is always out on the kitchen stove in as my husband is constantly making coffee. But I also like the way it looks!

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete